Monday, February 27, 2012

WORK EXPEREINCE 2--- day 1

So today i started my work experience in the home and interiors department of The Orchard Garden Centre and Cafe. When I arrived, I was given a tour of the whole place and shown where everything was, then i was introduced to my supervisor for the day who was lovely. She set me straight to work clearing one of their shelves dusting it down and setting it back up again. She also gave me a few tricks of the trade, when i was finished she brought me out two trollies piled high with new tea sets that I had to price. To do this I had to scan the barcode to see how much they retailed at then enter the price into the price gun, peel off the original price stickers (which were in pounds) and stick on the new prices. Then when i was finished I had to take stock off a shelf and dust it down, put all the original stock onto a trolley and set the new tea sets up on display (which took a while, because of all the different pieces). After that I had to find a new place for the stock that was originally on that shelf and move the things from that onto another shelf! it was all very confusing (but really fun!!!!).
When all of the displays were sorted, I unpacked and priced a new shipping of jewelry and then it was time to go home!!
I really enjoyed the day and all of the staff there were so lovely! I'm really looking forward to tomorrow no!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment